Photobucket

Monday, January 19, 2009

Award!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers gave me an award!! My first one! I'm thrilled! Thanks girl!!




The rules are these:

1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.


Here's the Honesty List...

1. I don't identify as a Marylander. At all. I was born in NJ, lived there for 5 years then moved to MD. My parents are Long Island, New Yorkers so I definitely identify with above the Mason Dixon Line. Though I didn't live there long, I always say I am a Jersey Girl.. I'm not a crab eater or a Redskins fan. I get a lot of crap from friends about liking the Giants or not LOVING to pick crabs for hours to get 2 ounces of meat. Haha sorry Maryland kids.
2. I sleep with the tv on.. I turn the volume to 1 and sleep in the other direction. I only started doing it this summer. I don't really like the silence and reallly dark room. But if I'm sleeping in a room with PreppyBF or a hotel with my siblings, the tv doesn't matter. Weird I know.
3. I hate washing my jeans. It might be because I've gained some lbs recently but I love having stretched out jeans. I hate them right out of the dryer because they shrink in all the wrong places. I've tried just letting them airdry but I hate that feeling too. They get like crunchy and wrinkled. Over break, I washed my favorite pair of jeans once. Gross I know.
4. I'm obsessed with weddings. It's pathetic I know.. Since last year I'd say, I've watched every wedding show I can and even started an account on theknot.com... It's more like gathering ideas that I think are cute and creative. I know I want to get married at the church here at school so I've even research reception venues close by. PreppyBoyfriend thinks I'm ridiculous but I don't care! My mom doesn't help either, she points out places on campus that she think would be great for wedding pictures, hairdos, etc.
5. I have a pet peeve about hearing people eat. I can't stand crunching, chewing, etc. My family was eating chips and salsa during one of the football games and I had to leave the room! I know it's weird but I can't stand it! The only person I've met who's the same way is my former roommate/best friend. Crazy!
6. I don't feel as self confident if my eyebrows look like crap. I had to go on Accutane in May of '07 and couldn't wax my eyebrows for a whole year. It was torture..... I have semi un-even eyebrows and the only way for me to fix it is to get them done.
7. I hate showering at school. It's such a hassle, the shower shoes, the dingy shower stall, trying not to flash anyone who's in the bathroom, etc. I like my shower to be relaxing, not squeezing into a 4x3 ft stall. So I only take showers every other day, unless I work out or get sweaty in some way. I only have a couple classes a day, it's not like I get dirty or gross. I also have really thick hair so sometimes I'll take a shower and a day and a half later it'll still be damp inside the pony tail.
8. I can get fairly paranoid about things... After 9-11, a couple close calls with my family made it that whenever I would hear an airplane I would get chills. I can get pretty nervous at airports. This past summer, my mom and I flew home from Florida on a really small plane, like maybe 35 passengers? It was so bumpy and freaaaaked me out.
9. I'm a homebody. I didn't go to sleepovers until my freshman year of high school! I don't really know why but I'd say I still am today. I knew going out of state would be near impossible, not because of PreppyBF but I didn't want to be that far away from my family. We're really close.
10. I'm an eternal optimist. Even in the worst situations, I always hope for the best. There's lots of depressing examples that I can go into but I'll spare you the details. I always think things will be okay, and when that doesn't happen it's a huge let down. My late elementary school art teacher even spoke about me at a graduation and how she learned from me how to be more of an optimist! Yet, I'm still the glass half full girl.

Edited:
So here's who I'm tagging!
Mrs. Bliss
Single & Southern Belle
Wearing Mascara
Nautical By Nature
Think Classy
d.a.r.
Lou Lou in Lilly

Congrats ladies! You all have wonderful blogs!

xoxos,


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Im obssesed with weddings too. I love to see pictures about real weddings. Last summer I organized my cousin and her husband wedding. I had an amaizing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will be sure to post later tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! That is so sweet of you! I'll be sure to post on this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete