Photobucket

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Answers Round 2!

I thought I'd also give you a little update on what's going on with PreppyGirl. I've applied for 11 internships, a couple more to go! I also will be meeting with a big firm in DC in two weeks! Crazzyyy! The firm has decided if they'll need an intern but fingers crossed I woo them and they offer me a position! I'll keep you updated. Tomorrow I have a tour, two families! Hopefully we won't have any humping cats this time around. A the best friend is going to Ohio tomorrow :-( boooo!! Looks like I'll be doing homework, sleeping, and working out this weekend. Very unexciting. If I'm good maybe I'll head to the outlets. If I'm going to a big firm in two weeks I need a professional-ish outfit! Any suggestions?? I'm completely nervous already. I'm tempted to case the joint and go down there next weekend maybe and see were parking is and how long it takes to get there etc etc. Oyyy!

As promised, here are more answers. I love doing these things! Maybe I'll try to make a gadget thingy where you can ask me questions whenever!

xoxo sarahbeth said...

if you were a fruit, what would you be and why?

Hmmmm.. I would probably be a strawberry. I loooove fresh strawberries especially when they're covered in chocolate. Yummmy!

Peace, love, and Big said...

Are you asking the BF for a yorkie? Or do you want a different kind of dog? ...I originally wanted a maltese, but when we went puppy window shopping, I fell in love with my little guy! We got him a week after we moved in together! :)

I really want a yorkie. We've actually had a lot of conversations about this! PBF wants more of a manly dog (he doesn't want to have to walk a pint sized pup)... but we'd have to get something small-ish if we're going to be living in an apartment. I will take any dog that comes my way, I've suggested Corgis, Papillions, King Cavalier Charles Spaniels, Boston Terriers, French Bulldogs (he wants a bulldog but English bulldogs are too drooly),.. the list goes on. I've watched Dog shows on tv and noted which ones I'd take.. pathetic I know. I've wanted a puppy ever since I can remember and can't wait for the day I get one!!
Thanks for all who commented questions! Feel free to email me anytime (apreppygirlmeetsworld at gmail dot com) and I'll answer them in a post!!

Everyone go check out KAG's giveaway! She has a lovely blog and always has good giveaways!

And I thought I'd address the previous post about disgusted I was. Yes, Chris Brown is human and everyone makes mistakes. I think a mistake is hurting someone's feelings or snapping at someone, certainly not beating their girlfriend of a couple years. Would you say that about a murderer? Probably not. Hitting a woman should never EVER be done, let alone make the poor girl go unconscious. Chris Brown may be a great singer but he's off my list. I think people disconnect too much from celebs when it comes to their poor behavior. Would you want your child someday listening to a singer that rapes, abuses, or demeans women in other ways? Probably not.. so why not hold yourselves to the same standard? The media is blowing the event up I will admit but domestic abuse happens way too often and people just sweep it under the rug. The idea that Rihanna deserved it in any way disgusts me to no end. No matter how "not nice" a girl may be, there is no reason for it to end in violence. Oprah summed it up nicely when she said "Love doesn't hurt. If he hits you once he WILL hit you again." I really hope Rihanna comes to her senses and leaves that scum bag ASAP.

OK I'm off my soapbox! Hope you all have an amazing night.

3 comments:

  1. hiiii! I am a young lawyer in DC and it is a pretty conservative culture. I would go to Loehmann's or maybe Banana Republic, bite the bullet, and buy a black suit. You can use it for the rest of your life, and for an interview, it is what is expected here. No pressure - just something I wish someone had told me when I was your age :) Obviously you will wow them either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently in a class about domestic violence and it makes me SO mad when people say she deserves it, etc. Domestic violence is a cycle and there are so many reasons why people stay with an abusive partner. I really wish people would become more educated about this topic instead of just jumping to conclusions. (end rant) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York and Company has GREAT stuff! They have pretty good sales sometimes too :)

    Chris Brown makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete